Ir al contenido principal

Gabriela, vegan from birth

0:00:00 THE EXPERIENCE OF GABRIELA CRIADA AS CRUDIVEGANA 0:00:01 Hello Gabriela. Thank you very much for joining me today. 0:00:04 I'm really happy to be here. 0:00:05 All right. 0:00:06 We are here at the "Fruit Festival in Woodstock" 0:00:08 And Gabriela and I, we were chatting about how she was raised as a raw vegan 0:00:12 (both she and her brother) 0:00:14 I thought that this would be a great opportunity to ... 0:00:16 ... share this experience with all of you 0:00:18 to show you that this is the result of ... 0:00:21 ... someone who was raised as a raw vegan. 0:00:24 Do you think you could tell me a bit about your experience? 0:00:27 Yes, I was raised as a vegan. 0:00:32 My mother is Karen Ranzi, author of two books on raw food, 0:00:37 "Creating healthy children" and "Super fun recipes for the family" 0:00:43 Actually, I do not remember that well. 0:00:46 I should check that. 0:00:54 And then, my mother got into veganism, 0:00:57 and I had been investigating since before I was born. 0:01:00 And then, I was a vegan maid until I was five, 0:01:02 and then, about five years old, my mother became interested in raw food. 0:01:06 Then, we changed our diet, 0:01:08 and really, it was part of his personal path to health. 0:01:11 And he converted us to our whole family ... 0:01:15 ... to be crudi. Then my brother, she and I became crudi. 0:01:20 Then, from five to eight or twelve, I ate almost 100% raw. 0:01:27 It was, really, a great moment of my life. 0:01:30 In truth, I did not question anything, 0:01:31 I only ate what my mother gave me. 0:01:34 And I enjoyed it! 0:01:36 And then when I was twelve and thirteen, 0:01:38 I began to be very interested in what other people ate. 0:01:44 You know, I was subjected to the pressure of wanting to fit in with my friends. 0:01:50 And I started to explore a little more. 0:01:54 We were educated at home, 0:01:56 so I was not really exposed to the conventional ... 0:02:00 ... from an early age, and what everyone ate. 0:02:03 Most of our friends were health conscious 0:02:05 and half that respected that we ate raw food and vegetables, 02:08 and they supported that. 0:02:09 So, it was quite easy until then. 0:02:11 But then, when I started moving in the world more for myself, 0:02:14 I started to be exposed to all these different colors, flavors, textures ... 0:02:19 Yes. 0:02:20 ... and everything that others ate, I really wanted to try everything. 0:02:24 I could see the faces of my mother when I said "what is that? I want a little". 0:02:28 And she was like thinking "I do not know if I should say no, or it's okay" ... 0:02:32 Yes, because you were already a certain age ... 0:02:34 ... "or just this one" 0:02:36 So, it's a kind of experimental moment, and ... 0:02:40 ... and I had to see my mother, a bit like I hated going back a little, 0:02:43 and allow me to explore and experience 0:02:48 and only see for myself how those foods made my body feel. 0:02:51 When he grows up and starts making his own conscious choices, 0:02:56 and want to explore, we should not ... (thinking about my son, it's my perspective) 0:03:02 ... it will be much healthier, like posture, to allow him to explore for himself. 0:03:09 So you can go back to that on your own and not feel forced. 0:03:12 Yes. 0:03:13 Especially at that age. 0:03:14 Because if your mother does not allow you to explore, she will feel really forced. 0:03:18 I feel like I could rebel so much that I could never come back. 0:03:23 Yes, definitely. 0:03:25 Definitely, you can say, "no, no, no", up to a certain point, 0:03:28 but your son is his own individual. 0:03:31 And I had to see for myself 0:03:35 and come to my own conclusions about how my body felt 0:03:38 eating those meals. 0:03:39 And then, as I grew up, I started to manage ... 0:03:43 ... and I simply rejected everything my mother said. 0:03:46 I was like that teenage rebellion ... 0:03:48 Yes. 0:03:49 You know, beyond eating raw food or not, 0:03:50 like many adolescent rebellions. 0:03:51 To a certain extent to say "outside mom". 0:03:53 Yes, "let me do what I want". 0:03:56 And I went through that, I wanted to fit in with my friends, 0:04:00 I started eating pizza, ice cream, I started eating lots of dairy ... 0:04:05 One thing I should say about my mother, that I did not always appreciate at all, 0:04:10 but now, looking back, it's that he kept his house vegan. 0:04:15 She could not control what I ate when I was away, 0:04:18 but she maintained the position of "our house is a vegan house". 0:04:22 So, although at that time I was eating other things outside the house, 0:04:25 whenever I was at home, she could still give me salads and fruits 0:04:29 and that kind of thing. 0:04:31 And it did not happen until I went to college 0:04:35 That really was worth to me. 0:04:36 "Well, I'm not in my mother's house anymore," 0:04:39 "I completely use my means" 0:04:40 and "I'm with all these other guys", 0:04:41 They were also in the same situation for the first time. 0:04:44 And all the dietary decisions they were making. 0:04:47 And then, I did what many of my friends did, 0:04:50 I took alcohol, I smoked, and ... 0:04:53 ... and I ordered greasy Chinese food at dawn, like everyone else. 0:04:58 And that's when I really noticed that my health was declining for the first time in my life. 0:05:04 I believe that before, when I was twelve or thirteen, I did not feel it too much, 0:05:08 because if I needed a pizza or something, the next day ... 0:05:11 ... I would not feel it, my body was young enough. 0:05:15 I think ... And then, when I went to college, 0:05:17 It was that unhealthy lifestyle day, day after day, day after day. 0:05:20 Sure, because you were not going to mom's to eat healthy food ... 0:05:23 Not quite. 0:05:24 ... as you did before. 0:05:25 Before, it did not matter because I got up and my mother made me a green shake. 0:05:27 Even though I did not always want it. 0:05:31 And that's when I really made the connection by myself 0:05:34 that you really are what you eat, 0:05:37 and that how good you feel is going to depend on the food you put in your body. 0:05:41 And in those moments I felt very grateful to have the base I had, 0:05:47 and to know what I had to do to help me. 0:05:51 Yes, I was just going to ask you if you're happy that your mother ... 0:05:55 ... if you're happy now that your mother raised you like a raw vegan, 0:05:58 since you have gone through different stages and you could think "oh, mother". 0:06:00 Yes. 0:06:01 But now, how do you feel about it? 0:06:03 I'm very grateful, now. 0:06:05 You know, because I know how I felt eating that way. 0:06:12 That's a gift, and I had it easy, 0:06:14 Know what it feels like to eat clean at a young age. 0:06:17 And not everyone has that. 0:06:19 Children who are raised on a standard American diet, 0:06:21 and then they are inclined to eat raw, 0:06:22 That may be the first time in their lives that they feel that way. 0:06:27 But I knew before how I could feel. 0:06:30 Then I knew I wanted to go back to that, 0:06:32 and in fact I had the tools to get back to that. 0:06:35 I knew exactly what to do. 0:06:37 And that's when I became vegan again ... 0:06:41 You were also talking about not having emotional ties to unhealthy food 0:06:44 that most of us have, because of the way we were raised. 0:06:47 Totally. Yes, that's another thing that I'm super grateful for. 0:06:51 I do not have that thing of 0:06:52 "I'm sad, and depressed ... I need my plate of macaroni and cheese." 0:06:56 Yes! 0:06:57 I really do not have that. 0:06:59 Whenever I'm like "down", 0:07:01 I think "I have to go eat more fruit". 0:07:04 Yes, really! 0:07:05 Because I know that's what's going to make me feel better. 0:07:07 Yes, and it's so amazing how happy your mother is that you and your brother 0:07:12 have left ... 0:07:13 Then, your brother eats according to the 80/10/10 diet again. 0:07:19 And you keep yourself in a vegan lifestyle including lots of fruit. 0:07:23 Is it like that? 0:07:24 Yes, that is, mostly as the 80/10/10 diet and sometimes, in the winter, 0:07:28 and I'm with my friends, I cook vegetable soup ... 0:07:31 Yes Yes. 0:07:32 ...or something like that. 0:07:33 Then, a vegan diet low in fat, almost raw. 0:07:36 For you and your brother. 0:07:38 And that is amazing. 0:07:39 Yes. 0:07:40 It is very good for me to experience talking with someone who was raised 0:07:44 with a raw vegan diet, 0:07:45 to then know more or less, not exactly what to expect, but have ideas 0:07:51 and get into what to do when I grow up ... and I feel that it will come naturally 0:07:57 once I realize that a certain age has arrived 0:08:00 and some consciousness ... that if you ask for a certain food, 0:08:04 it may be better to let him experience it. 0:08:05 Definitely. 0:08:07 And so simply he can eat his raw food by his own choice. 0:08:11 He can return as you do now ... 0:08:14 Exactly... 0:08:15 ... to your own choice that is not forced. 0:08:16 ... of course, it's not "because my mom says it, I eat it raw", 0:08:19 but really I believe in that and I own my decision. 0:08:23 And I think that kids have to go through "who am I?", "What do I eat?", 0:08:28 "What makes me feel good?" They have to go through that process 0:08:31 to learn for themselves. 0:08:33 Clear. 0:08:34 With mom outside the scene for a while. 0:08:37 And people have it in different ways. Some people never went out, 0:08:41 and they just know, "this is what I want" ... 0:08:44 Like "Capi", without going any further. 0:08:45 Yes, totally. 0:08:46 He is incredible. 0:08:47 Yes, he is amazing. 0:08:48 It is in his position "I know that this is the right thing" 0:08:50 and it remains firm. 0:08:52 And there are other children who ... 0:08:54 It is very good for them to step aside and experiment for themselves. 0:09:00 I know, I can see ... 0:09:01 ... and I'm sure everyone will have noticed the same, 0:09:03 that as parents it is very difficult to let go and see that. 0:09:07 But we have to trust that we have given our children 0:09:09 the best foundations we can. 0:09:11 Right, that's all we can do. 0:09:12 Everything you can do 0:09:13 We simply give them a good foundation while we let them grow 0:09:16 and then, we have to release them when the time comes. 0:09:19 Yes, and... 0:09:20 They are independent beings. 0:09:21 ... giving them all the information and all the knowledge ... 0:09:26 ... so they can make their own decisions. 0:09:27 Yes, exactly. 0:09:28 What's really important are the fundamentals, 0:09:31 the basis that we give them to start with. 0:09:33 In fact, you and Elvis had prolonged breastfeeding 0:09:38 and they were fed such healthy food that their immune systems 0:09:43 They were very healthy from the beginning, what a blessing. 0:09:48 And it also has impact at a very deep level. 0:09:52 As my mother wrote in her book "Creating healthy children", 0:09:55 "What a woman eats when she's pregnant, it's called 'impression'", 0:10:00 then, the child is "imprinted" a trace. 0:10:03 And if the boy is eating fruits and vegetables, 0:10:04 that is what you will naturally crave. 0:10:07 But if mom is eating large amounts of food 0:10:10 Unhealthy during pregnancy, that's what the child will want. 0:10:13 And it's the same with drugs and alcohol. 0:10:15 It is seen that children are more likely to be addicted 0:10:18 if the mother behaved that way during pregnancy. 0:10:23 Yes, totally. 0:10:25 And that's right, that makes a big difference. 0:10:26 And I think that that can give mothers a lot of hope 0:10:30 in case your children move away, because if that was the basis they learned, 0:10:35 there is where they will return. 0:10:38 Because that's what they know, it's what they were raised, 0:10:40 and where their beliefs and values ​​come from. 0:10:43 Because this is not just a diet ... 0:10:46 It's just what I was going to say, it's much more than food. 0:10:49 It's about respecting our children as individuals and ... 0:10:53 ... out of respect, I am giving you the healthiest food that respects your body. 0:10:59 Well, thank you very much for chatting with me. 0:11:01 Yes, thank you very much. 0:11:02 I appreciate it a lot. 0:11:03 It was a pleasure to meet you and your beautiful son. 0:11:05 Thank you. 0:11:06 Well, I'll let you go for your massage. 0:11:08 The massage tent is here, 0:11:10 at the "Fruit Festival in Woodstock". 0:11:14 Good. Thank you. What is your dog's name? 0:11:16 My dog's name is "Osha". 0:11:17 Hi, "Osha." SHARE

Comentarios